Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our School Girl











Well, pre-school is almost done for Meg. It's hard to believe! May will be the last month for her and then it's on to thinking about September. I know it's a ways off, but I also know that it will be here all too soon!
Today they had NASCAR Race Day at pre-school. Each child was given a Kub-Car kit to take home and create their own race car. Meg picked out a very simple design - Matt did the sawing and cutting, but Megan did the majority of the painting and all of the decorating and was very proud of how it turned out. The "license plate" says 'Minah', one of Megan's middle names. She said she wanted one of her middle names to be on the back of the car; intially she had wanted 'Janette', but I knew I wouldn't be able to fit it on, so she went with Minah instead. :)
Last week all three pre-school classes went to the zoo, which was a ton of fun! Meg has become really good friends with a little red-headed girl, and they seem to be getting closer every week. We walked around the zoo with this girl and her mom and brother and another little girl. Megan had so much fun, and it was really great to get to know another parent from within the community; a person I would have probably never met if we didn't put our kids into public school.
Although I am a bit sad with the knowledge that Megan will be in kindergarten in the not so distant future, I am excited to see how she is growing and learning, becoming a little bit more outgoing, exploring things and still the sweet, considerate, loving girl she's always been. I have seen her become more of who God wants her to be through putting her in pre-school, so I am looking forward to helping her along and helping to shape her (with the Lord's help) as she begins "real" school in the fall.

No comments: