



















Lots has gone on in the last few months, and I'm finally able to update our blog! It felt like summer flew by and September was packed with stuff.
The middle to end of September we were so blessed to be able to see both sets of grandparents. My (Carla's) parents were here for 5 days as they had been on a road trip across western Canada for a month. The girls were pumped to have them here, and I think Grandma and Grandpa were quite worn out having already been with their 8 grandsons in BC! But we had a lot of fun and even got to go to the zoo with them.
Then off we went to Manitoba to Matt's family's to celebrate his parents 50th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! We were able to be there for a week, and had a ton of fun visiting with his Mom and Dad and sisters and then the entire extended family on The Big Day! All but two grandkids were there to celebrate, which was awesome! It was really neat to have it be just a family affair, and wonderful to hear all the memories from Matt's older sisters. Three of the four "kids" honoured Mom and Dad with a song, and Matt's oldest sister, Janet, did a marvelous job of sharing sort of a memoirs type of thing. Lots of laughter and lots of tears were had!!
While we were out at MacGregor, we thought we should drive to Dauphin, 2 1/2 hours away, to visit my Grandma, Great-Grandma Foster to the girlies. She hadn't been feeling too well the last little bit, so I needed to take advantage of being so close and went to see her. It was sooo great to visit with her. We got to have lunch out at The Farm and Megan and Tay had a fabulous time feeding the horses and even got to sit on them for a few seconds! I was very happy to see them on a horse, finally!
Hopefully I haven't missed anything, but I can always add another blog entry if I have!
No comments:
Post a Comment